The cover letter is a document that usually accompanies your CV when applying for a certain academic or professional position. It provides additional information on your skills and gives you an extra opportunity to sell yourself for a job, scholarship or some type of work experience. Knowing how to write a cover letter in a way that paints you in the best light will help ensure your success.
The discussion between what is the difference between the cover letter vs motivational letter is quite simple as they are extremely similar. However, within the category of a cover letter you will find two principal purposes: the cover letter for a job, to persuade a company that you are the right person for the position, and the cover letter for educational purposes, to demonstrate how important your school of choice is to you.
Cover Letter Basics
When writing a cover letter it is important to distinguish whether you are writing a professional cover letter or an academic cover letter because they will have different audiences and purposes. Although, between the two types of cover letter the single main reason is to convince the person looking over it that you are what they need.
- What is a Cover Letter?
- What is a Motivation Letter?
- Cover Letter for a Job
- Motivation Letter for University
- Letter of Interest
- Networking Cover Letter
- Referral Cover Letter
- Cover Letter vs Motivation Letter
- Cover Letter vs CV
How to Write a Cover Letter
Cover letters can be submitted in many forms, such as online cover letters or cover letters by email, but will always follow a similar structure that is explained in how to write a cover letter. In order to stand out from the crowd in your cover letter and make sure you secure yourself the job or academic place, look at some cover letter tips to help avoid making any mistakes.
- Cover Letter Format
- Writing a Motivation Letter
- Cover Letter Length
- Cover Letter Closing
- Handing In a Cover Letter
- Online Cover Letter Procedure
- Tips and Advice for Writing a Cover Letter
Cover Letter Samples
- Cover Letter for a Job Application Sample
- Cover Letter for a Job by Email Sample
- Cover Letter No Experience Sample
- Motivation Letter Volunteer Position Example
- Cover Letter for an Internship Sample
- Motivation Letter for University Sample
- Motivation Letter for a Scholarship Example