A recommendation letter is a document used in either professional or academic enquiries about a person. It´s principal purposes are to help persuade a company to employ a person, or admit a student into school or university. Asking for a recommendation letter is vital to help in selling yourself for the position you are applying for.
Letter of Recommendation Basics
The main goal of a recommendation letter is to demonstrate the best qualities about a person in a professional sense. This allows the recipient of the letter of recommendation to be able to have the best outlook of a person´s working or academic character. However, it is important to also know that there is a difference between what a recommendation letter is and what a reference letter is and why either of them are important.
- What is a Recommendation Letter?
- What is a Reference Letter?
- Reference Letter vs. Recommendation Letter
- How to Ask for a Recommendation Letter
Writing a Letter of Recommendation
If you are the one writing the recommendation letter, it is just as significant to understand the guidelines on what to say. You must know how to express the good character of the person you are writing about. If you need help writing a recommendation letter, try to stay positive and avoid mentioning any mistakes that person might have made.
- Recommendation Letter Format
- How to Write an Academic Recommendation Letter
- How to Write a LinkedIn Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation in Spanish
- Reference Letter Format
- Tips and Advice for Recommendation Letters
Recommendation/Reference Letter Samples
- Requesting a Recommendation Letter by Email For Academic Purposes Sample
- Requesting a Recommendation Letter by Email for a Job Sample
- Academic Recommendation Letter Sample
- Professional Recommendation Letter for a Student Template
- Recommendation Letter for a Teacher Sample
- Recommendation Letter for an Employee Sample
- Linkedin Recommendation Examples
- Recommendation Letter in Spanish for an Employee Example
- Recommendation Letter in Spanish for a Student Example
- Reference Letter for a Student Sample
- Reference Letter for an Employee Sample
- Reference Letter for a Working Visa Sample