An authorisation letter is a formal letter giving someone information. You can use an authorisation letter in many ways such as to give someone permission to collect some important documents, to discuss your financial situation or look after your children on your behalf.
Each authorisation letter is different and you should adapt each one to the different situations. Each letter of authorisation should be straight forward and brief to prevent confusion. In every case you need to add the correct date or dates that the authorisation letter is effective for example someone is looking after your children while you are away on a business trip, you need to provide the exact dates that your child is in someone else's care.
Take a look at how to write an authorisation letter to help get you started and to ensure that you don't miss any of the important information!
Authorisation Letter Structure
- Recipient's address (If know) (Top right hand corner)
- Your address and contact details (Left corner of the page, just below the company's address)
- Date (Write the date in full, leave a space between your address and the date)
- Objective of letter (State why you are writing the letter, no more than one sentence)
- Main body of text (What is the information? Any specific dates or information if needed.)
- Conclusion (Thank the reader for taking the time to read your letter)
Authorisation Letter Samples
Can you answer the question what is an authorisation letter? If not, make sure you revise what it is exactly so then you don't miss out on any of the important information.
Writing a authorisation letter can be a daunting task especially when it involves someone collecting important documents on your behalf but if you follow the basic concepts of a formal letter, it is sure to be a success.
There are many different authorisation letter examples and therefore the content can vary within each one depending on your situation. Take a look at the templates below and adapt one that best suits your situation!
Authorisation Letter travel templates
- Authorisation letter travel templates
- Authorisation letter to collect passport template
- Authorisation letter to collect visa template
- Authorisation letter to travel with a child template
Other authorisation letter templates
- Authorisation letter to bank template
- Authorisation letter acting on your behalf template
- Authorisation letter collection template
- Authorisation letter business template
- Authorisation letter for guardianship