An introduction letter is introducing yourself, or giving information about yourself to others; different company, business or people. An introduction letter can be very varied because there are many different situations where you can potentially introduce yourself to somebody new.
There are two main types of introduction letter. A formal introduction letter and an informal introduction letter. Each one needs to include different aspects and follow a different set up. A formal introduction letter should follow the format of a formal letter, whereas an informal introduction letter is less restrictive.
An informal introduction letter is usually sent to people to whom you want to become friendly and therefore it is at your discretion as to what you add within an informal introduction letter.
Aims of an introduction letter
The aim of an introduction letter is to introduce yourself to a new business or company about how to complete a certain task. These types of introduction letters are usually formal and contain a very professional manner.
The other aim of an introduction letter is to make a good first impression. If you want to make friends, make new contacts, grow your business etc, you need to make a good first impression with an introduction letter. You need to write clearly and sell yourself well.
Each introduction letter depends on the different situations and the type of people you are sending the introduction letter to. You should adapt each introduction letter to each recipient and to the different topics.
Take a look at the different introduction letter templates below and adapt each one to suit your situations.
Occupational introduction letter templates
- Occupational introduction letter templates
- Introduction letter for work experience template
- Introduction letter to potential employer template
- Introduction letter for internship template
- Introduction letter to employee template
Other introduction letter templates
- Other introduction letter templates
- Introduction letter for bank template
- Introduction letter for business template
- Introduction letter for visa template
- Introduction letter for university template
- Introduction letter dating template