Teachers and professors are the special people who come to our lives and give us the most precious thing: knowledge. Though some of them might pass through without leaving a visible mark, others rest in our minds for long periods of time. The latter ones always deserve to know the impact they let behind and this is why sending an appreciation letter for teacher is always a good idea.
How to write a letter of appreciation for teacher
If you have met such a special mentor by now, you can not be wrong with writing an appreciation message. Here you have some things to keep in mind.
- Although the nature of this letter allows you to get a little bit more personal than in case of an usual appreciation letter, the limits is subjective and depends on your clear-cut relation with your teacher. Whatever the situation, is always a good idea to start with respectful greetings: To my teacher..., Dear..., Dear Prof....
- If you intend to present yourself, remember that mentioning your name might not be enough; if you are not sure whether the teacher/professor knows your name or know, you can mention something that mind remind him/her of you such a discussion you had during classes or the place you occupy.
- In order to give more meaning to your appreciation, mention something specific that you enjoyed about him/her, such a teaching method that impressed you, the attitude he/she had in a difficult situation, the explanation provided to a certain question.
- Be clear about the reason/s of your appreciation without over flourish your thank you message for the teacher. It is impossible not put even a smile on your teacher's face by sending this letter, but you don't want to make it sound artificial.
- Remember that a hand written letter is always more personal and leaves a stronger impression than an email. For more advices concerning this type a letter, check our article on how to write an appreciation letter.
What to include in a "thank you teacher" letter
Here you have some general phrases you can use at the hour of writing your own. Don't forget that, although you can use them freely, you should also add something more personal about your teacher or your experience being his student.
- If all the teachers I will meet from now on would be exactly like you, my life would end up with me considering myself the richest person in the world.
- Thank you for all the things you taught us, for the patience and care you treat each of us and for the creativity of your lessons.
- You've been a teacher, a friends, a mentor, a brother and a real support for me all these years. And this is why I thank you with all my heart!
- I will always remember the lessons you taught me these years. Especially the ones taught through your personal example.
- I know that much of the person I will be become will be due to you, and I can't wait for the day to prove you what a beautiful soul you shaped.
- After all this time being your student I now feel empowered with all the weapons for being the person I want to be.
- What I most like about you as a teacher was your empathy. You have a great ability in putting in anybody's shoes and see how one feels and thinks.
- I think you have the most important virtue a teacher can have: the power of continual renewal and adaptation. During the time you've been my teacher I see your teaching methods adapting hundreds of times. I can help but admiring this.
Don't wait too long until you send the letter to your favorite teacher, and if you need a little bit more help, check our teacher appreciation letter template.-- Publicidad --