It is important to know that a formal letter can be one of many things as it encompasses several other types of letters. Depending on the reason for your formal letter, you might want to look at more specific information about how to write a formal letter or formal letter rules in order to understand more.
Reasons for writing a formal letter
Whether you want to send a formal letter, or reply to one, here are several different explanations to help you figure out what style you are going to use. Follow the links to gain more information once you know which type of formal letter is the one you are using.
- Resignation Letter: needed when leaving a job
- Recommendation Letter: for when applying to a new job or university
- Reference Letter: to explain why someone is a good candidate
- Complaint Letter: if something has gone wrong
- Cover Letter: when applying for a job or university place
- Business Letters: several different reasons (e.g. meetings/complaints/events)
- Invitation Letter: organising a function and inviting guests
- Apology Letter: needed to express when you have wronged someone
For further information have a look at our free letter templates.
-- Publicidad --