This guide for a visa invitation letter is different to how to write an invitation letter for social reasons. Invitation letters for a visa are making a different request so will result in a more formal tone.
As you are requesting for someone to visit a country, your invitation letter should be addressed to the correct embassy or company and you should have all the information and details you need beforehand. Research ahead of time so you know what you need to do.
Visa Invitation Letter Outline
The invitation letter outline will depend on each country’s specific regulations but most will resemble this simple layout. Before sending an invitation letter, make sure you have read it over thoroughly for mistakes, perhaps have a look at some advice for writing an invitation letter.
- Details: address of embassy/consulate/office
- Addressing: unless you have a name it will most likely be a general greeting (e.g. To Whom It May Concern or Dear Sir/Madam)
- Introduction: explain who you are and who you are inviting, relationship
- Your details: name, date of birth, nationality, address, occupation
- Visitor details: name, date of birth, nationality, address, occupation, purpose of trip, length of stay
- Extra information: where visitor will stay, how visitor will be financed
- Attachments: proof of address/nationality/profession (if asked for)
- Conclusion: your contact details for more information
- Sign-off: formal, polite greeting
To see some invitation letter samples might give you a clearer idea of the layout.
-- Publicidad --