A sponsorship letter is the beginning of a relationship between the sponsor and the person, company or event being sponsored. It is essential to have a firm knowledge of each sides ambitions, goals and what they would like to gain from the sponsorship. The sponsor needs to get to know you, what you have achieved and what you would like to achieve in the future and how you intend to use the sponsorship. A sponsorship letter is technically a persuasive letter as you are trying to persuade a person or company to trust in you and give you sponsorship. How to write a sponsorship letter is a great place to start to learn about all the different concepts that are needed to write the perfect sponsorship letter.
Sponsorship letter structure
- Company's address (Top right hand corner)
- Your address and contact details (Left corner of the page, just below the company's address)
- Date (Write the date in full, leave a space between your address and the date)
- Objective of letter (State why you are writing the letter, no more than one sentence)
- Main body of text (Introduce yourself, what you do, what you have achieved, what your future goals are, how can you promote the company.)
- Conclusion (Thank the reader for taking the time to consider your letter)
Sponsorship letter samples
Before writing a sponsorship letter, make sure you can answer the question what is a sponsorship letter. Writing a sponsorship letter can sometimes cause many problems. It can be a daunting task but as long as you follow some basic concepts from a formal letter you will be sure to succeed. There are many different sponsorship letters examples and therefore the content can vary within each one depending on the person, business and type of activity. Have a look at different types of sponsorship letter templates to increase your chances of success.
- Sports sponsorship letter template
- Charity sponsorship letter template
- Event sponsorship letter template
- Business sponsorship letter template
- Student sponsorship letter template
- Visa sponsorship letter template