Request Letter Templates
A request letter is a letter that you write if you need information about something, permission to do something or to use a particular service. In short it is a polite request.
You can use a request letter for all kinds of things, such as asking for time off work, request more information about a job vacancy, ask for a donation or sponsorship from a business or a company. The possibilities are endless.
A request letter is a useful tool as it can answer all of your unanswered questions and can even benefit you in some way, for example a request letter asking for a job promotion or a salary increment. Check out sending a request letter and organise your ideas before you start writing!
Learning how to write a request letter can be a useful tool in the future, and don’t forget to take a look at all the other tips for writing a request letter to ensure you have the best possible chance of success.
Request Letter Structure
- Recipient’s address (Top right hand corner)
- Your address and contact details (Left corner of the page, just below the company’s address)
- Date (Write the date in full, leave a space between your address and the date)
- Objective of letter (State why you are writing the letter, no more than one sentence)
- Main body of text (What are you requesting? Any specific dates or information if needed.)
- Conclusion (Thank the reader for taking the time to consider your letter)
Request Letter Samples
Before writing a request letter, make sure you can answer the question what is a request letter. Writing a request letter can sometimes cause many problems. It can be a daunting task but as long as you follow the basic concepts from a formal letter you will be sure to succeed.
There are many different request letters examples and therefore the content can vary within each one depending on the person, business and type of activity. Have a look at the different types of request letter templates to increase your chances of success.
Occupational Request Letters
- Ocupational Request Letter templates
- Promotion request letter template
- Request letter for job template
- Request letter change in work schedule template
- Request letter time off work template
- Request letter for salary increase template
- Request letter job transfer template
- Request letter for advance payment template
Financial Request Letters
- Financial request letter templates
- Request letter for financial assistance template
- Request letter to bank template
- Request letter for sponsorship template
- Request letter for donation template
- Request letter for scholarship template